Monday, August 27, 2007

"I had many plans for the future.
As well as the weathers I know I will have to brave.
Many seasons have come and gone.
They had made me strong. But they had taught me fear as well.
I am not afraid for myself. I am only afraid for you.
For you are still young. And you have much more to learn.
You have the world before you and all the happiness that are within reach once you have learnt how to extend your hand and your heart to reach them. But you will first have to learn to master yourself.

I wish I could prepare better things for you.
Yet I fear what many a rich man's son does not know.
I dare not wish for riches nor fame nor power; those precious dreams that their hearts yearn for.
And I wish you would not change even if you should have to labour at the feet of those who have them."

No comments: