Saturday, August 05, 2006

Having started my clinical stints along the MSR corridor, I think I have got this new zest for life - work-wise. Orthopedic is still my first love - greet customers, position and shoot, then process cassettes and admire the images! Of course there are some variations, plus plus. Don't forget we often have to work FAST AND FURIOUS. Even tho I thought we have already been pretty FAST at our work, and the customers remain FURIOUS. Sometimes, our supervisors also play this role called,"advocacy". So I guess they have every right to throw tantrums sometimes as well. Helped someone with a submission on the RMS. If you know what is RMS, I won't bore you with the details.

Today my senior shared with me. She said that worklife (when you come to work) is like acting and we are actors and actresses. Wear uniforms, and smile. We are paid to do so and not to come to work as if we are at home and throw our tantrums. I guess she is right. I have this psychological contract with my organisation to put on a certain level of acceptable behaviour such that when I represent this organisation well enough, the customer will return (to kick more butts). Somehow, the equation seems to have changed over the years.
On the left hand side, they have added more Auditors who kick butts just as hard as the patients do. Wonder why we have so many types of auditors nowadays. Anyway, I really believe she is right. I must accept the fact that we are paid to get kicked and put on an act. As long as we continue to convince ourselves, "our customers deserve our best"....

Life along the corridor has been fun so far. I particularly enjoy working with the good folks like Ginny, Tom, Suan Hoe, etc... they are the hardworking folks that run up and down the staff corridor. We will still catch a few seconds to joke a little, or laugh a little. Each time, I try to iron out my messed up work process and see which sequence would consume less energy and be more efficient.


My left foot hurts badly. Maybe due to age???? But I feel young! I can still hop! At my section, I feel I can understand what does "PMS" mean. Not that kind.. but "Perpectually Melancholic Syndrome". Just hope nothing like this happens at the workplace. Wish everyone can enjoy worklife just like I do, without a care or worry. This is what I've realised so far, that if life were to be really totally balanced and everything runs like clockwork, then there wouldn't be excitement. An occasional party or dinner outing all of a sudden would be great.

Anyway, Time really passes so quickly! Permanence is only relative...

No comments: