Saturday, September 09, 2006


It would have been a rather bad day today had it not been for an old friend who suddenly showed up to visit me.

Anyway, today ended - 8.15pm! But it isn't unusual. Who cares?

My friends at the department will probably not be able to appreciate how much I've wished for the kind of working hours they are having - 5Days a week.

I think I could give myself a pat on my back for having made life pretty ok for cosy for everyone now, at what otherwise would have been more emergencies at work than accidents on the road. Yet, I can't be happy after realising that there is someone smart alek out there swiping blunt remarks at those of us who who have at least tried to take care of him/her. Really can't fathom these folks. Just like the saying goes, the best politicians are probably found at the coffeeshops.

There is also another the sub-species - those who probably won't care two hoots either, even if the department falls apart while trying to give them some butter on their bread. They will also probably say that this is our job and that's not something that they should be concerned about since there will always be others waiting to prove themselves ANYWAY.

I think they are probably right. That's our sacred duty to try meet the common needs for higher salaries and lesser duties or better machines. But I wonder whether their eyeballs would roll the moment you ask them "how about a little sacrifice".
I don't know who will fit into this category of staff but pls do not blame pple if you have been been making others put in all the sacrifices more for you and you, hardly any for the others. E.g. MCs, urgent leaves and being unreliable co-worker.

Anyway, my thanks to my angel today who took time to drop by just to say "hi".

No comments: