Saturday, December 09, 2006

Time really flies so fast and it's Saturday again. But I had really spent the day rather well. Spent quite a bit also, I guess. I had bought something on impulse. Like a radiographic positioning textbook by Delmar (1998 ed) and also a Panasonic mini-theatre system. It was such a steal. On special offer (from UP $499 to $329). And the guy was so nice he gave me a further discount to $299 and I paid $30 more for 3 yrs extended warranty, plus $20 for delivery. No GST. Maybe I will gain as long as I don't have the need for anything else like it again for the next 3 yrs.

There is a retreat for all of us this coming weekend. But inside, I feel uneasy because I still have much left to be completed before I have to leave my family for a few days. It also feels funny to be stranded in a resort with everybody else, while I am there still without a plan. What's my objective? I also dread long journeys in groups actually because I am quite the solo-traveller type. I would sit and read a book, or listen to music or sleep on the way - and risk being seen as "anti-social".

Personally, I also do not have any plans about my future but I just keep telling myself to get used to it for it's been like this for the past few years. Every yr I'd feel uncertain about where I would be the next year/rotation. Probably, after this retreat, I should be able to find out more about my future for the next 1 (or maybe 2) yrs more. Now the term "Permanence" is only relative.

But come to think of it, it isn't such a bad thing after all, because I do get to try out different places for lunch (and dinner too, probably). Also good for getting oneself a chance at ego-overhaul or the heart will get hardened. So, it is well with my soul.

There's this favourite song which we used to sing on fellowship days at BCYF:

"Where He leads, I will follow.
Where He sends me I am prepared to go.
For as long, as it's in His Will,
That's the safest place to be in, I know."

Yea, and also as long as there's still cheese on the plate, "Life is good!"

No comments: