Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Macros @ Sungei Buloh

I dedicate this post to my photography coach - PTTC.

Had been a good weekend at Sungei Buloh. There, I got a chance to try out the lenses that PT had lent to me. Insects, spiders, webs, leaves, flowers, crabs, mud-skippers... etc. I had learnt quite a lot from the trip. Actually, I had only done a few macros before. But now, it's different and I think I have convinced myself to get a pair of lens like this. It's also very different from just switching to "macro" mode whenever you want to shoot a little flower.

I feel that photo-taking can make one think more deeply about issues that one faces on and off. If only one will train to look at one thing and rethink from various perspectives or angles. It may take quite a bit of effort at first to train to become like the master craftsman, but I think it will give one more depth in the end. It's a waste having only sharp lenses but trigger-happy reflexes.

Anyway, it's been a great time with a buddy. Still had much more to learn about the art. While I was trying to focus and shoot a little grasshopper perched on a blade, he would be scouting for the next subject for me to try. Then before he lured the creature out from its hiding place, he would say, "Ok, ready? Now I want you to try this one ... "And so part of the morning went like this and I had a number of practices like this. In the end, realise I need more practices becos only 4 out of 10 were ok on the monitor.

Anyway, THANKS! Will make Yen our own 2007 calendar from some of the pictures.

No comments: