Friday, June 01, 2007

Childhood memories

Just got a little bag for Yen. Hope she likes it. It is "cheap" but its material is of the Kimono kind. Silky and turquois.. nice.

While doing up my resume, I suddenly realised what my uncles and cousins were trying to teach me when I was young.

Can't really remember the age, but i was probably 9 then. I had to work separating rusty curtain pins from shiny ones. Hated the task because it was too menial and boring. My other cousins my age were having football most of the time. I had to sit at a small table with boxes and boxes of those pins waiting for me to complete. Can't really recalled how I got rid of the "job" or I just ran away each time my aunt called to me. As I got older, they upgraded me to follow them on their job - interior decors. Saw plenty of rich folks' houses. There was this house somewhere in Orchard with a swimming pool and a little farm. It was actually more like two buildings with a swimming pool in-between. And the two buildings were jointed by a little arch- bridging the two - above the pool. Wow...

Had actualy seen a few variations tho. Carpeted stairs and huge cinema-featured rooms.... I can't imagine myself so rich. I have met rich men, except that since I have met them when I was much older than a 10-yr-old boy then, I don't get invited into their homes. Anyway, I have digressed. The fact is, I don't think I will ever be rich. Maybe perhaps, if I get cancer or something and get to see my lumpsum payout before I actually die. Maybe, I will die a rich man after all... perhaps, there are only a few things I could have done right, after all.

It's now all for my mum and Yen.

No comments: