Sunday, June 03, 2007

Weekend ranting....


(Picture taken along the streets in HCM)

Went out pretty early on Saturday morning. AAS, Jln Bukit Merah and Alexandra Village for brunch. After that, proceeded to Shineshine Plaza, Peace Centre and then followed by Bras Besar Complex. Unfortunately, that last leg got me photographed by a CISCO officer because I had accidentally filtered into the buslane, I suppose. He seemed rather surprised by my waving to him and saying "sorry". Saw on my rear-view mirror that he actually went to check his camera and turned again to look at my back.. Hopefully, he could not catch my license plate number!!!


Accomplished quite a lot of tasks on Saturday. Also went for late lunch cum dinner with 2 friends on Saturday - Bugis. By that time, one group must have already arrived and settled down into the hotel in HCMC. HY has gotten the nec tickets for all 5 of them. Hope they will have a wonderful trip. (They should be snuggling up at the hotel in Dalat now.)


July's got another group. August, yet another! Should really learn to organise this much better.


HY is very shy, but hope that given time, she will have the courage to speak up more and make friends. She's very concerned about how the trip went and kept asking me to find out.

Today, I packed a lot of stuff and began to hate this little bad habit of mine. Realised that knowledge is a very expensive item to collect but if it isn't applied, it's all but expensive scrap. Mum had given me some boxes to collect them but I think I should've at least tried to sell them away, even if this could be for anything between $2.50 to $15. Mr Koh is willing to help me but half the proceeds will go to charity. Next few days I will be working at breakneck speed I guess. Will need a good cataloging system in place.

Concerning work, it makes me wonder how I've managed to have spent so much time and money into a future no one seems to be interested in. There are right things to do, and there are also things that need to be done right. Sometimes, we get tossed about between the two, which I feel can be comical at times when you look back and realise jus how it is like when 2 guys throw the freesby around and you are the dog. And so I have been, chasing the cheese that gets moved around. Gurus call it "the art of motivation". But I am already a sickly old dog who can't take too much wagging and skipping in the air anymore. It's just hard plastic. At least, the dog must have actually felt that the attention was on him!


Anyway, no more cheeses, which was what the dr advised me. I will work on my 7 habits for the rest of this year. If I can, perhaps the 8th as well.

No comments: