Sunday, January 20, 2008

Opportunity

We can all learn a lesson about recognizing opportunity and making the most of a "bad" situation, from Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Airways.

His airline got its start partly because of a last minute flight cancellation.
When his flight to Puerto Rico was cancelled at the last minute, he found a company he could charter a jet from for $2000. Figuring the cost per seat in the jet, he borrowed a blackboard, wrote "Virgin Airlines, $39 single flight to Puerto Rico" and walked around the airport with it.
He filled every seat on the plane, and a new company was born!

How often do we see only the "bad" side of a situation?
Being successful in life and in your business requires that you seize the day. Turn issues into opportunities and negative experiences into new positive processes!

"I am only one, but still I am one; I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~ Edward Everett Hale

No comments: