Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Opayasom is basically about choices one makes: be it choosing your teams or just choosing a particular colour of your tie that you think will make you a professional. As life gets longer, the thinking processes tend to get more complicated. Too many alternatives? Sometimes, I feel it could have just been a matter of getting better acquainted with ourselves, and knowing our own likes, dislikes; our true inclinations and future decisions that we will make, subsequent to the next one; and also knowing how likely we will be committed to these after the decisions have been made.

I could have made most of my decisions in a split second each time and yet not know them. For instance, have you tried standing in front of the fridge one day and ask yourself, 'Am I hungry?' Sometimes we may also linger a bit longer just to go around in circles. If I am not wrong, the commoner reason for the fridge opening is probably out of sport, and not hunger.

Many do choose instinctively too, but while they hope to make good choices, they do not count the costs. These are like buying on impulse, and hopefully not when building a relationship or a career. Just like my opening the fridge door when I wasn't really hungry, it became evident when you see them changing their minds - depending on whatever else would reveal themselves when the door is opened. True intentions, or new intentions, there is really nothing wrong in having to finetune our decisions once more options start to present themselves. Life is like this; a journey that lets you discover new opportunities. But I am disappointed by those who lie about their true intentions.

It is evident that those fair-weather friends tend to be more fickle than someone who will stand by you through thick and thin. But we can't blame them, really, if you had allowed yourself to be used. There've been circumstances so far. Unfortunately, it has taken me donkey years to learn to tell if I get sported. Normally, by the time I feel so, I will just thank God we are not yet business partners.

I do have a phobia which is about being retired old and lonely, or, becoming old and hungry.
Some friends may stay and come visit me. Once I hit the autumn of my life, I wish I will know whose hands will be holding mine. If that question has quickly passed through your head just now, you should already know if those hands are going to be yours. Hey, I will still be thankful.

No comments: