Monday, October 09, 2006

Another week has passed. I remember I was trying to file up all the paperwork and also did some transferring of files and now, it is another week gone.

Tony came to help fix some wiring today so that I can watch SCV from the other room instead. Got a few projects piling up for him to complete by next Sunday. This week I will have to go look around for something to replace my little TV.

Lydia has suddenly been bitten by the condo-HDB bug. Barely 2 years and she now wishes to live there. I persuaded her to rent her house, and with that income she could support her course fees. In the meantime, she could move in and live with us. She could help take care of mum also, considering her age.

At work, life has been ok except for 2 bad news. 1 is that we are probably about to lose 2 radiographers if they fail their tests held by HSA. Results are out recently. I need to know the outcome by this week. It is for their good also that everything is known early. Don't quite understand all those tunes about "professionalism".

My cheese has moved and so must my family and I. Whether that test paper deems me as one or not, I am still a professional. Read once where it said that Professionalism is a set of regulations one group of people sets up to exclude another. They established 'standards' so that those who passed that criteria will be accepted. But so far in my career, I have come across many who have passed, or were exempted from taking that test, were conducting themselves worse than those who failed that paper.



No comments: