Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tuesday
Woke up very late today. CK went Peninsula Plaza and apparently forgot that he had to fetch Beckie to her tuition class today at 1.30pm. So I brought her there instead. It was my first time fetching her and was also concerned she might be scared. But it ended ok. She was braver than I thought. Came home to watch cable for a while more before CK arrived and we went RC plane. Despite the hazy sky and the wind, it was rather ok for plane. Surprising to see so many enthusiasts today. I think Tampines is going to be another hotspot for plane lovers soon.

CK got his inspiration I guess, from a Jimmy and Wong (with a little kid apprentice) who were there flying their own DIY planes. $600-$1k for the whole kit. Cool! These were huge planes, probably plywood or balsa. Not sure, but felt a little heavy. The diesel engine was surprisingly not as noisy as I had thought. I was a little tempted becos of the DIY possibilities. But HaiYen would probably kill me. I asked about heli and Wong quickly brought out a T-Rex from the boot of his car and did a solid demo for me. He could really fly his T-Rex in all ways except invert. Would be a fantastic way to spend my weekends with Yen in future, and also provided I have loads of cash to spare to the point where she wouldn't mind, hehe. Thankfully, CK has got very good sponsors! He flew (and lost) his last few planes for free! Reminded me of another kind of rc: KITES with neon lights. (Check out this website: www.goflykite.com . ) They normally demo in the evenings and the kites look like a lot of giant fireflies flitting through the dark skies in various formations. Cool!!

Anyway, for now, I've decided RC is not for me although I would still love to go build one for myself someday. Got bitten by this bug when I met 1 korean penpal who introduced me to it. His was a VERY big remote controlled plane! Probably a kid could sit inside. Korea is also a very beutiful place to play these planes. At least not yet. Because in my heart there's Yen. I wish she were here and we could always spend those weekends leisurely away at these spots and feel the breeze.

Came home and rested while waiting for Yen to return from her youth group outing. Mum has to go Katong again to look after the princesses. I just have to sit infront of the comp and watch cable again. Time really flies. DeepaRaya is soon going to be over. Wonder how life is like in Indonesia now for those who are homeless. And also South Thailand. Pray for peace ... especially for the children for whom these troubles have been created by the adults.


No comments: