Sunday, November 26, 2006

Another Week Less

By today, I realise, we all have one week less to live our lives. This week, I found out that a friend has been busy helping her sister to run a business even tho she doesn't have an inkling about running a business at all. Reminds me of another who was running TWO at one time a few years ago. These are those whom I would consider to have GUTS! Probably more than those who only dare to dream. While one was by choice, the former must have been by circumstances. Her friend and I met recently and I feel that she is lucky to have friends like that. Whoever has friends who would go around looking for help for him or her should count him-/herself really fortunate.

Yesterday, I went to Ah Boy again with my friend. Got myself some "sparklers" and went to get it fixed at another of Boy's workshop at Kallang Bahru. Met Harry, an "ang moh" lecturer. He also got an X9 (18000km) for dirt cheap and so couldn't care-less by spending another K++ before he could happily call it "owned". He was looking for some mods plus some paint job. I think that should add up to 2K++ orledy liao.

The weather, I suppose, will be cooling, if not wet, over the next few weeks. The rain season is here again. There could be Tsunamis brewing too, judging from the few that have already occured over the past few weeks. Don't know Christmas will be a wet one or not.

It was pretty cool in the afternoon - there was a sudden downpour lasting only about an hour plus but it did give us a cool feel about the rest of the day. Everyone at the workshop seemed to be in such high spirits. Even the customers. Harry could speak a little mandarin, malay and Singlish. So he joked a little with us. A friendly guy and VERY handsome, maybe in his late 20s or early 30s. He must have been in town for a while by now. Dec, he will be going Cambodia till January, after which, we will probably be meeting up to exchange notes on the way he did his Evolution and the way I did mine. I would like to see how his paint job goes just in case I need to get mine done should my project fail by December.

Actually, I was just lucky to have a good friend, Jimmy. I had not realised this at first but only until Harry pointed it out to me. "Hey, you have a 14 fitted in and I just had mine on 12 only!" Then I could only smile hoping to cover up my own surprise. If another friend had opened it up and showed it to me, I would have said something like "Wow!" You see, I had asked my friend, Jimmy, to change the batt for me. Originally, it was a 12V and acid. This is a 14 and dry! I had never really felt the need to bargain with Jimmy over price because I trust him. I have also always gone back to him whenever I have problems. Even tho I think he has already taken over the business from his father, he would never do anything that would hurt his father's business, I am sure. But I have never thought that he would give me a 14V instead of the 12V. Probably his dad didn't know. Good to have good friends. BTW, his dad was dad's friend too. The sons are also.

Today is a pretty uneventful (but peaceful) Sunday. Yen had to spend the whole day (from 7.30am) with her relatives at the beach. She had called back a few times, tho. Told her the news that Julie had just bought a pair of earrings for her from India! Bet this will cheer her up the rest of the day! I stayed at home and did some housekeeping on my harddisk as well as some touching up on the web.
Rachel's cellgroup seemed to have grown in size because when I opened the door, already Rachel was sitting on the floor right infront of the doorway! Behind my doors, I couldn't really catch what was going on except when they were singing or laughing or playing games. (Just to let you know how small the world is, one of her cellgroup leader happens to be a nursing colleague of mine. Really small small world!)

Went to Tampines Mall to get some SINSIN chilli sauce and polyglaze. Saw some people buying DIY Christmas Trees. Hmm... should we? Nah...

Also got some money changed into Thai Baht for Rachel because tomorrow, she will be going there for some school project. Lydia was laughing away how a princess could help out at the animal farms when she hardly washes the plates at home. Haha...

Hope this exercise would do something good ultimately. Anyway, life is good and I am thankful.

No comments: