Saturday, November 24, 2007

Circle Game

"Yesterday a child came out to wander
Caught a dragonfly inside a jar
Fearful when the sky was full of thunder
Fearful at the falling of a star
And the seasons, they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down

We're captives on the carousel of time
We can't return, we can only look
Behind from where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game."

My favourite song still. Time really flies so fast. This week, I had been asked to show a few JC students around the department and let them have a glimpse of what radiography/radiology is like. As I walked with them, there was a feeling of nostalgia inside me... Time really flew! When was the last time I was mugging for my exams? A&P, Equipment, KC Clark's Positioning and Radiographic Techniques, and of course, Chesney's book on Processing!! And good o' Mr Chin also.... Thinking back, I must thank him. In a way, I turned out ok partly becos of him. I could have gone in to do Physiotherapy. Or chiro... and maybe living somewhere with an angmoh by now somewhere in US or Canada. Who knows.

Anyway.... I think this is the 49th (???) Saturday that I have both been looking forward to and dreading it at the same time. Same for Christmas. I wish time would stand still someday for me! And I could live all my life within that moment!! If I had that power to hold down Time anytime, I could live my life many times over. Alas, I can't. So, I thought I better do blogs ..... and I think the digital me would last much longer.
How about it, the author could have died many years ago and we could be reading his works and feeling him around as if he is still alive and kicking today.

The only BIG reason I blog today is becos I feel that time is too short. The clock ticks so fast. By the time I am donw iwht this page, it will probably be time to lie down and hopefully, sleep. Can't do much. A few years ago, I would hang out around my favourite places, like JB (Jalan Besar), Sim Lim, Peninsula Plaza. Some years earlier, I would be hanging out around Borders, or Pulau Ubin, or Tampines Mall, or Katong/Parkway. I was never a "Orchard kid" even though I did stay with my cousins who used to live right next to Orchard Cineleisure. Can still remember the poor security officer coming to complain to my aunt concerning her son.... haha. When we were kids the stretch from CK Tang or Scots down to Cathay would be our "playground". Califronia Fitness wasn't around then. We would walk down that road towards the community centre opposite Meridien for our hapkido lessons. During the weekends, we would be playing sliding down the slopes behind the then-known as "Mandarin" Hotel.

We have mellowed down alot by now. Don't know what my cousins and old schoolfriends are all doing now, but here I am, Blogging. But I am blogging mainly for myself, some of my closer friends, and also my family, becos one day, who knows, I might use "opayasom" for my CV upstairs (hopefully). haha.. yea, I am bad. But my friend used to encourage me, "Good kid, bad kid, still a kid." When I was small, I was the kind of kid that needed more caning and knocks on the head. Funny, my teachers liked me. Especially the ones who were known to be fierce... This is still a puzzle to me.

I am blogging from my own recollections for my future recall. Someday, it might be a cure for my amnesia. Or for my good friends who might someday find the time to read. I hope these will last longer than my human existence... and as long as anyone would like to have me remembered by. Basically, I do not mind being stored in someone's CD collections or harddisk. In the near future, I am hoping to include a photoblog site as well so that I could save more words. Still trying to organise my collections. But I guess writing is easier than uploading images... becos, I can write nonsense and post them. With images, one tends to be more picky, as if there is a need to impress or a need to avoid lawsuits .... and so one would choose photos carefully. etc etc. Just my thought.

I am sad because time really pass so fast. Wish I could one day slow the carousel down... I do not wish to live forever... but I do not wish to lose anyone I love. To me, there is no point living forever if you have to live without the ones you love.

No comments: