Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Late Dinner at Tiong Bahru

Have been feeling rather stressed out and also inadequate at work lately. So I would take a long trip back home. Enjoyed the nice long rides in the night, especially when the air is cool and traffic is light.

The engine was purring away at 80. I wish I could go around Singapore some day and take pictures. There are so many scenic places in Singapore, actually. I just wonder why people would neglect to look beyond the invisible walls they erect around themselves.

I remember a particular night after work and decided to go back with a friend for dinner along the way. We found a little coffeeshop in the middle of a "dead town" somewhere near Tiong Bahru. Surprisingly good business, if you could see how quiet it was everywhere else. No one would have supposed that a shop like this would thrive in a little district like this.

Anyway, the business must have been good enough for people to travel all the way there to eat. Forgot to take a picture to show you. There'll be another chance to, I think....

No comments: